Saturday, July 11, 2009

Challenge to Christians

Could any of Jesus's God bothering cronies please answer this for me:

John 7: 38 states

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

I've looked and looked, but I can't find a quote in the Bible that "He that believeth on me, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water". Or any words to that effect. This can obliges any person that cannot find such words to conclude that:

1. The Bible is not complete, and thus not the perfect word of God; or,
2. John 7: 38 is incorrect, and thus the Bible is not the perfect word of God.

1 comment:

Jake Elwood XVI said...

i'll bite Case.
Did you go to a Protestant school? while far from being an exact quote Sirach 24:28-31, appears to be words to that affect.

28 Now I, like a rivulet from her stream, channeling the waters into a garden, 29 Said to myself, "I will water my plants, my flower bed I will drench"; And suddenly this rivulet of mine became a river, then this stream of mine, a sea.
30 Thus do I send my teachings forth shining like the dawn, to become known afar off.
31 Thus do I pour out instruction like prophecy and bestow it on generations to come.

you could also look at
Zec 14:8
Isa 58:11
Joe 3:18
Eze 47:1-12

Even if we give you that the quote is not in the bible (OT) one simply does not have to concede your premise 1. I would appreciate your reasons for why we have to. Why is completeness a requirement for perfection?

I sometimes think you place far too much confidence in your arguments. But as we (i mean others not you) have seen with your pythagoras research it is far from being the falsifying (or even correct) argument you think it is.

Wow it continues to bewilder me how you cling so strongly to your faith.